March 30, 2011
After a small screw up with the bank draft and a quick trip back to the bank, the dealer sent a driver to pick me up. The interior looks brand new. What a difference from Saturday! I pulled out of the dealer’s lot and by the end of the street the low fuel light came on. I guess with the price of gas and the size of the tank on this thing, a tank of gas would have changed the price of the vehicle. Instead of getting on the Queensway, I turned up Carling to try to find a gas station. Each red light I stopped at I tried to find the release for the gas hatch, but I couldn’t find it. I contemplated driving home with it, but figured a picture of a guy in a suit holding a jerry can of gas up to a thirsty politically incorrect beast during a gas crisis would surely find it’s way onto You Tube and decided to I needed to stop rather then risk running out of gas. I pulled in at Drummond’s and it was packed so it took some rather uncomfortable maneuvering to get into place at the pump. (But I did get a chance to try out the back up camera and proximity sensors by almost backing into a pickup). Now that I was in place, two thoughts came into my mind – I still hadn’t found the release for the gas hatch, and I wasn’t sure I had parked on the right side to access it. I got out and looked around. The gas cap was flush, so I knew it had to have a release. At least it was on the right side, but how was I going to get it opened? No manual in the glove box. I decided to call the dealer. Turns out it’s just a spring loaded door – push it in, it pops open. Duh.
As expected, this is a big, thirsty tank. I played with a few more buttons while parked. Got the sunroof open. It was warm and sunny, and the sun felt hot on my face. A great tune came on the radio (which I was scanning manually because I couldn’t figure out the buttons), so I cranked it as I got on the Queensway thinking, “I’m the king of the road!!”
I had one quick stop to make to grab some things at the grocery store for Guylaine and the kids for supper because I had to work. I came out, got in the truck and started to pull away. The indecision and stress melted away in the blink of an eye when a saw a gentleman parked in front of the store in a big Sequoia checking out my sick new ride. It made it all worth while. Nothing like a little Escalade envy.
Welcome home big guy!

No comments:
Post a Comment