Despite having things that I haven't even found yet, the Escalade is missing one important feature: an electronic brake controller. I made an appointment and brought it down to Belanger to have one installed. The guy at the service desk told me it would be about $200 and take 30-40 minutes. An hour later the kid working on the truck pulls it up to show me that it's not working. He's not sure if it's a fuse or what. So he goes back to check and tells me it's the 7 pin connector on the Escalade. Buddy says $12 and another 30 minutes. Not sure when I can get back, I tell him to go ahead and do it. Almost 45 minutes later, he brings it back around. I get the bill, it's 480 bones. I ask why all the extra charges, he tells me it was 1.5 hours to diagnose the problem. I told him the guy at the service desk told me 12 bucks and 30 minutes. He changes the bill for me and it's still almost $400. Not to mention, the controller looks cheap and the kid left all the wires dangling. Not becoming of our beautiful toy. I guess I'll try to clean it up myself.
I did manage to hook up the trailer (love that back up camera – sooooo easy) and move the trailer up to it’s “summer” position so I can open the ends.
No comments:
Post a Comment