Saturday, July 27, 2013

Day 7 – July 25th You sunk my battleship!



Rain. 70 degrees and rain. I can put up with the rain, but it is so cold and the wind is so strong it is downright freezing. No way the beach is happening today.

We decided to go to the aquarium after all. It was too late when we woke up to do both activities, so we picked what we thought the kids would enjoy most. Turns out we would have had time for both.

Adventure Aquarium wasn’t too bad. Not worth $140 for an hour and a half, and not worth the hour and a half drive, but we really had nothing better to do. The shark tunnel was very short, but pretty neat. They definitely have the most sharks we’ve ever seen in an aquarium.

We tried to walk down the waterfront to look at the Battleship New Jersey, but the walkway was closed for an event. We tried to drive there but we couldn’t find a way to get to the ship, and we were in a pretty nasty section on a pretty nasty town, so we decided to get out of there. When I got back I looked up Camden and found out that it is the poorest ccity in America. It also has 4 times the national violent crime rate of the average American city. Good thing we didn’t know this before we went.

We were having spagetthi for supper and Sam wanted meatballs like grandma makes. So I stopped by a grocery store to get some meat and spices, but the little burner I have to cook on took forever to cook them and to cook the pasta. We ended up eating really late and the kids went to bed late as well. Guylaine and I stayed up in the tent. Sammy joined us for a bit because he couldn’t sleep. Everyone went to bed about midnight.

***NOTE****

The connction for the camera has stopped functioning. The only pics I can post are from the small point and shoot. I’ll update the photos when we get home. The only photos from today are from the aquarium.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Gord. Read your blog.. sounds like a huge adventure. Very curious to hear how Prague went. :-)

    ReplyDelete