Thursday, July 25, 2013

Sun and surf and sunset


Day 5 – July 23


We slept in again.
We went into the screen house for coffee and cereal at about 9:30. Then the boys put their swimsuits on and we went down to the lake. A gang from Quebec is here. About 4 families together. They took over the beach. They set up for the day, playing music, making congo lines and having a big party. They were hillarious. When some french music came on, they started singing and clapping. The ‘teenagers’ both slept in until about 11:30 when we got back from the lake. We all got ready and had some lunch then headed out.

We decided to check out the TJ Max, which as it turns out is just the American version of Winners. I did pick up some pretty decent shirts for a bargain. It was raining on and off so we went to get supplies at Wal-Mart. We bought some stuff for the beach. We were looking for beach chairs and Guylaine went to sit in one and ended up falling into it. So we all laughed at her. I joked around saying I was going to have to call a code white (that’s the code we use to call for help when someone gets injured.) to the seasonal isle. Just after I said it, I went to sit in a chair with wooden handles and ended up breaking one of the handles. Sam and Guylaine were laughing so hard they had to wipe away the tears. Guess I need to lose a little weight before I have to call my own code white. By the time we were done we had filled the cart, and the back of the truck, so we decided to head back to the campsite to unload, then back to the beach. It was getting a bit late to head for Sunset beach, so we just went back to the north end of Wildwood where we scouted the beah last night.

The tide was high and the waves were huge. The kids decided to dig giant holes. Sammy started first and dug a hole down almost to his waist. The other kids dug a much wider hole, but not as deep. They dug little ditches so when the really big waves hit, the water would go right into the hole.

We played for a little over 2 hours then headed home. We got back and everyone showered while I made burgers. The kids went to bed. Guylaine and I sat in the screen house for a bit and went to bed about 12:00.

























No comments:

Post a Comment