Day 3 – July 21
We got up about 9:30. I went out to start packing up to move
sites. The rain last night came down hard and as a result, everything was full
of sand. The sand kicked up so much that the bed platforms 3 feet off the
ground had dirt on them.
I rinsed off what I could and went to help Guylaine inside.
We packed very hap hazzardly knowing we’ll be on the road all of 5 minutes to get
across the campsite. We pulled out just after 11:00. I went into the office to
check out of our site and check into the new site. I asked if the people in our
new site had checked out yet and I was told they were supposed to be out by
11:00, so they should be out but she wasn’t sure. We drove over to have a look
and they were just pulling out as we pulled up. Talk about good timing.
The site is amazing. Huge site, lots of shade, fairly
private compaired to most sites, and the beach, lake and playground are
directly across the street. We can watch the kids right from the campsite.
It took a little while to set up the site. I’m trying to
hurry so we can get going, so of course nothing is going right. I had a hard
time getting the trailer level, even running over one of the wheel blocks once
and driving it into the dirt. Then the step was too high, then the hose on the
water filter sprung a leak and was spraying water all the way up to the dining
room window. But in the end, my sewer hookup is 100% perfect, so nothing else
matters. The new sewer flush I bought is even better then the old one, and the
hose is the perfect length with no kinks or bends and it’s level all the way.
I’m a happy camper!
We finally got set up and headed to the beach. We stopped at
the visitor’s center to pick up some beach tags. I bought the weekly tags in
case we want to go back. We drove back to where we were last night but there
was no where to park, but I ran to the beach anyways because I had left
Katrina’s flip-flops there last night by mistake. They were still there! We
kept driving and found a great parking spot right near a beach enterance. We
packed up and headed to the beach.
Pulling a fully loaded wagon through the soft sand is not
fun. The beach is packed! As far as the eye can see in both directions. We
managed to find a spot, and the kids went to explore. They found some very
disgusting bugs in the water as the tide was coming up. We were right near some
roks and the waves were crashing into them as the tide was getting higher. Soon
the rocks were submerged and there were no critters left to find so it was time
to head into the water. I’m not sure of the temperature, but it started cold
and once you were used to it, the water was fine. We played in the surf for a
bit until a lifeguard came to tell us we weren’t allowed to swim there. We
moved all of our stuff further down the beach to an area we could swim. The
kids were digging in the sand, so I helped them. We tried to dig a hole and
build a wall to protect it, but after 30 minutes the sea took it over. Time to
swim.
The current here was very strong, pulling to the north end
of the beach. Some of the waves were 5 ft. Every one and a while, we had to get
out of the water and walk down the beach because the current had pushed us and
it was too strong to try to walk back in the water. At 6:00 the lifeguards
left, so it was time to get out. We drove downtown to see what was going on.
There wasn’t a whole lot. We found a place that sells fries, so we bought some
to go with our burgers. I bought the ‘tub ‘o fries’ – 120 oz of fries (60 which
ended up in the fridge because we had too many) for $20. We headed back to the
campsite. The kids really wanted to go in the lake, so Guylaine took them while
I cooked the burgers and finished setting up the campsite. At 7:00 they had to
get out. Everyone took a shower and we had dinner. The older kids watched a
movie in the back bunk. I was exhausted, so Guylaine and I went to bed with the
younger kids. The older ones kept us up for a while giggling so we shut them
down and everyone went to bed.





































No comments:
Post a Comment