Thursday, July 25, 2013

July 24th - What do you mean we can't swim here?


Day 6 July 24


I got up at about 7:30 but I stayed in bed until 8:30 so I wouldn’t wake anybody. William came out with me followed shortly after by Xavier. I had coffee while the boys had hot chocolate. I made pancakes on the electric griddle for everyone. Everyone got up in shifts this morning, so the griddle was on all morning. By the time breakfast was over, it was time for lunch.

We left the campsite and found a place that has butterflies. It was a small village with little shops. Guylaine and I took a ton of pictures despite the heat and humidity of the butterfly shed.

I had to go back to TJ Max because I’m in denial about my weight. All of the ‘large’ shirts don’t fit me. I couldn’t find too many XL shirts there. Off to WalMart for supplies. We have the kids hooked on Subway meatball subs, so we bought a few more to tide them over. We unloaded at the campsite and headed down to Sunset beach. The beach was all rocks and no one was in the water. There were plenty of people there though. The shops are cool. We bought the kids a kite and some small surf boards. Then we headed for Cape May. There was almost no surf so we didn’t feel like swimming so we went to heck out the WWII bunker and the lighthouse at the Cape May State Park. We were disappointed to see that there was no swimming at this beach. We still decided to get out and check things out. Alex tried to get the kit going while we checked out the bunker and I took pictures. We met a little crab who didn’t like us on his beach and decided to attack Sammy’s new flip-flops. We stayed until the sun set (a fiery red ball in the horizon – stunning) then made our way back to the parking lot. Crossing the dunes we were swarmed by giant dragon flies who were apparently in hot pursuit of equally giant mosquitos. At one point I covered my head with the instrutions for the kite because these things were so thick flying at us. As we loaded up the truck, we found out just how big and how hungry the mosquitos were. Many of them hitched a ride home with us. We left and drove through downtown where we were treated to a very brief concert in the park by an acapala group. Downtown was crazy busy. Looks like a great little town. I wish we had more time to explore.

On the way home, we decided we were still full from meatball subs, except Sammy who didn’t eat any so we stopped and got him and Xavier a slice of pizza. Everyone had a hard time getting to sleep including Guylaine and I who stayed up in the sreen house until after 2:00!
































No comments:

Post a Comment