It’s a little known fact that the annual road construction budget in Montreal is more then the GNP of some countries. It has to be. Every road in the damn city is under construction!
After an exceptionally late start (even by our standards) we were stuck in Montreal. Every road was dead stop. We decided to get off and have lunch in the parking lot of a Walmart. I guess we were between the bus stop and the Walmart because there was a non stop migration of people going past the trailer; each looking at us like we were aliens driving a space ship. Very strange.
After lunch, we drove across the parking lot to Burger King to get some milk for the baby and for some reason I deciced to park between two cars while Guylaine went in. I guess I thought I was in the echo, because it was one hell of a squeeze to get through and weave through the other parked cars to get back to the road. Guylaine guided me out without any problems.
We had to steer clear of the 40 which was dead stop. Then the GPS tried to get us on the 20 – also dead stop, so we kept heading south to the 30, and dispite the added distane, we clipped along with no traffic at all.
After a mostly uneventful trip, (Xavier learned how to unlock and open his door while I was driving , however), and some amazing views of the St. Lawrence, we finally arrived at the campsite about 8:00pm. Woo Hoo! I get to set up under the light of day for the first time ever. I set up in record time! I’m getting really good at it….with one exception – the hot water heater won’t light. (Yes Juice, I just filled the tank.)
The campsites here all all one on top of the other and our neighbors have not only hijaked our picnic table, there is about 30 of them and they’re all sitting around the fire drinking and smoking. With my expertise in backing up, and my wife’s smooth directions, we should be able to provide quite a show. Just then, our golf cart camp guide directs us to just drive through. Easy-peezie-lemon-squeezy. This is gonna be good. Then it starts raining. Oh well. At least it wasn’t a hard rain.
The neighbors asked if I wanted the table back, and with my awesome french skills, I apparently told the gentleman that I was going to eat him by saying “on veut manger”
I decided to give up on the hot water tank, because we weren’t doing showers tonight anyways. I made hot dogs on the BBQ while Guylaine made the beds. Xavier decided he wanted toast and Guylaine managed to set off the smoke detector in the trailer with her culinary skills. At least we know it works now. We had a quick game of Skip-Bo then we all went to bed early together.
No comments:
Post a Comment