Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Monday July 2nd, 2012 - Uh…….ya. We made it home.



So……after having a look at my blog, I realized my last entry was kinda missing. And I know we made it home from Niagara Falls. It was very uneventful, but let’s see what I can remember.

We got up around 7:30 and got the kids ready. I started packing what I could outside and the kids came out to help. There were some Canadian geese hanging around the rivers edge, so the kids grabbed some leftover bread and fed them. Guylaine supervised while I hooked up the trailer and we were out of the park by 11:00.

Now that we know our way around, Marineland was a snap. We parked right at the end of the parking lot. A hell of a walk but easy access to get out. We knew what to skip and what to see first to make sure we were on the road by 1:00, 2:00 at the latest. Have we heard this story before?

Long story short, we were right on schedule when Alex decides he cannot leave without trying the SkyScreamer; you know, that 400 foot tower you see on the commercials that fires people up into the sky. Now granted the thing is high, you would never catch me on it, but what they don’t show you on TV is that it is on top of a mountain to make the effect more scary. Scarier still is that the only way up and down the mountain is – you guessed it – to walk.

All the way up the hill all I kept thinking was that he was going to chicken out and that we were doing all of this walking for nothing, but he proved me wrong, and dispite the fact no one would go with him, he got in line right away. Soon he was jetisoning off to space. You could tell he was terrified, but he did it anyways, and the smile on his face said it all. He beat this thing.

Somehow, he managed to convince Sam that this was a really good thing, and next thing you know, Sam is getting in line. Now Sammy was so scared that he couldn’t stop crying, but he wouldn’t get off and at the end, he was sure a happy camper.

Did I mention it  was now 3:00?

By the time all was said and done, we got to the parking lot, made a quick pit stop for gas and water, and we were on the QEW shortly after 4:00.  We decided that the boarder would be a nightmare, and being Canada Day long weekend, Toronto traffic would be minor. Traffic going the other way was dead stop for about 2 hours. It was crazy. I’ve never seen such a traffic jam. Glad we weren’t in it.

We got home about 11:00.





















No comments:

Post a Comment