The kids were up earlier, but still not too early. Xavier
got up and went to crawl in with William. Everyone had cereal while Guylaine
and I made the lunch, then it was off to the beach. We stayed there a good part
of the day. I was sick as a dog. Nausea, sinus headache, plugged nose – the
works. Poor Guylaine had to do most of the work. I stopped at the campground
store to buy some cold stuff, but it didn’t work very well.
We played around the beach for a while and ate some lunch.
We went on the rocks and Alex and Katrina were jumping off the rocks into the
water. Sam and Xavier were making ‘sand angels’ in the soft white sand. Alex
found a shark tooth down by the shore. I guess that answers the questions if
there are sharks here or not.
We came back shortly after lunch. I forgot how much fun the
sand is, especially when it gets all over the truck.
We went back home and got all cleaned up then went to the Clambake restaurant for an early supper. Xavier has been talking about coming here since we mentioned we were coming back to Old Orchard. The place was packed, but the kids were good and it was worth the wait. Xavier was just happy to get some shrimp and some 'lawnster'.
After supper, we headed back to the beach for low tide and
Alex figured out how to find sand dollars under the sand. Once they knew how to
find them, they found a ton of them. The edges of them have little pickies, and
Alex and Katrina’s fingers were numb and a bit yellow from picking these things
up. They were fine later.
The kids collected all kinds of crabs and shells, then when
it started getting dark, we headed back home.
No comments:
Post a Comment