Today we are off on a bit of a history tour. We are headed to Plymouth to visit Plymouth Rock, and the Mayflower II.
I can’t believe that this ship made it across the Atlantic 50 years ago and they still sail it! As recently as 4 months ago!
The day started as usual – noon – yada, yada, yada, stopped at the RV dealer to buy the hook up I need to flush the black tanks, and it’s off to Plymouth. We stopped to snap a few shots of the canal and the Sagamore bridge; one of 2 bridges that get you onto the Cape, then we headed for Plymouth.
We weren’t sure if we should take in the whole Plantation (colony) or just the ship and the waterfront. We want the whole experience, but aren’t sure about time. We took in the ship first, and it was a good thing because the waterfront and ship were so beautiful, we ended up staying there most of the day. We found parking at a meter close to the action and the meter still had 2 hours on it. After the ship we visited the pier and went for a walk in Brewster Park. We did some window shopping, and grabbed some slush puppies, then back to the truck, which apparently took more then 2 hours because we had a ticket on the windsheild. The meter had expired. Oh well. It’s $15 to park anywhere, and this was right at the door.
We cruised home with the plan of grabbing a quick snack and heading to the beach. Our plans changed a bit when Xavier went behind the trailer to help Sam who was rinsing off our flip flops that got sandy in yesterday’s rain. I guess he put his hand on the door for the hot water tank and burnt his fingertips. I took him to get check, just as a precaution, but there were no health clinics open. I han no choie but to bring him to the ER. Even though he was sreaming from the pain at the campground, he was quickly asleep as we drove to the hospital. Guylaine took the kids to each of the three pools they have here while I was gone. I was gone about 2 hours. Of course, all the nurses loved him and his hair, and he took the opportunity to charm the pants off them. In the end, some polysporin and bandaids was all he needed. Better safe then sorry, and it didn’t cost me a cent.
We got back about 8pm. The kids had just gotten in from the pools and were taking their showers. It was too late to go to the beach tonight. We decided to skip the fire tonight and have a game of Skip-Bo, cause the kids only played it 8 million times today. Sammy was too tired and went to lay with Xavier. They were all in bed by 10:30. Guylaine and I went to sit outside, but the bugs are bad. I worked on the sewer and think I’m further behind then I was before. My new part is not working as advertised. I’ll have a better look at it tomorrow. Just hope I’m not in line for that for that Robin Williams moment.
I’ll keep you informed to see if you need the tortilla chips.
Guylaine went to bed early, while I planned the day ahead and tried to get to bed early myself. We didn’t do much today, but it’s so hot and humid I think it wore us out.
No comments:
Post a Comment