Sam and Xavier made sure we didn’t miss any of the day by getting up at the crack of dawn. We all managed to stay in bed till 8:00 though. We get the kids ready – teeth brushed, fed, bathing suits, sunscreen – by 10:00am, and leave for the beach shortly after. The kids are amazing. We decide to just hang at the beach most of the day. We leave at about 3:00. I took the kids to the pool at the campground while Guylaine gives Xavier a bath. I cooked burgers on the mew Coleman Roadside while she cleans everyone inside the trailer. Then it happened. The water in the shower won’t go down. Now. I know all of you with a trailer are probably laughing your ass off, the rest of us don’t know that you have to press a button to check the levels of a grey tank (sink and shower waste) and a black tank (toilet waste). Here’s the thing – Everybody – well, almost everybody – has decided to …….christen the toilet. My tanks are full. The funny part? All the delays yesterday, we never did make it to the Walmart where one of my shopping items was a sewer hose ! That’s right. The piece of shit ( no pun intended) that they gave me with the trailer was at home, while the half price of what we sell at Walmart in Canada is still sitting in the store. Can you say roadtrip? We headed for the nearest Walmart (Thank you Streets and Trips from Microsoft. Go to hell GMC nav system – (did I say that out loud?)
So….a quick trip to Biddford and $400 dollars later. We walk out with nothing on the list I`ve been compiling since September of last year, and a ridiculously overpriced sewer hose. Beggers cannot be choosers. We came home, and of course it was too for my Robin Williams reinactment in RV where he dumps the tanks.
Of course, by this time we have neighbous and they are in the middle of eating dnner outside as I decide the time is right to make my move. All of a sudden, the rain starts - and pretty hard too. They all head in, I clean my site and decide now is as good a time as any. Expecting the worst, I proceed to dump the tanks. Not a lot of fun. We get the kids to bed, then Guylaine and I went out for a few beers once the rain had stopped.
No comments:
Post a Comment